This notice applies only to members who share their personal data with the Knights of Saint Thomas of Canterbury.
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
The Knights of Saint Thomas of Canterbury collects personal data in the following ways:
- By completing and submitting any of the fillable forms on our website, including but not limited to the Contact Us form or the Join Us form, and submit to the Registrar in order to become members of the Knights of Saint Thomas; ;
- By visiting our website, www.knights-saint-thomas.co.uk.
- By participating in various charitable, social and religious events sponsored by the Knights of Saint Thomas of Canterbury where personal data of its participants is collected and necessary for participation in these events.
The Order of the Knights of Saint Thomas of Canterbury complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide membership in the Knights of Saint Thomas of Canterbury;
- To provide and improve our products and services; or
- To inform you with regular updates from us about good causes we are supporting, as well as upcoming events, news and opportunities related to the mission of Knights of Saint Thomas.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing a request to remove consent to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal data which the Knights of Saint Thomas of Canterbury holds about you;
- The right to request that the Knights of Saint Thomas of Canterbury corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Knights of Saint Thomas of Canterbury to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and, where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction be placed on further processing; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.